Job Description - SAS/SQL developer
We are looking for a fun, highly-motivated individual who works well within a team capacity as well as independently. The SAS/ SQL Programmer will be responsible for taking SAS code with embedded Teradata SQL, standardizing the code, optimizing it for increased performance, reducing system resource impact, and creating operational reliability and data quality.
The successful candidate will be working with a seasoned team of SAS and Teradata experts in the Business Intelligence team.
Responsibilities will include:
Take draft SAS and Teradata SQL requirements created by BI Analysts to create production versions for daily, weekly and monthly execution
Work with the BI Development team to determine and create scheduling requirements and job dependencies
Reviewing documentation and implement data quality checks to assure successful completion of production runs, and proactively detect data quality issues.
Optimization of code for improved performance and load on IT systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of SQL/SAS programming experience accessing large relational databases
- Experience working with Teradata
- At least 3 years of technical consulting, software development, ETL development, and/or customer support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with people of varied technical backgrounds
- Ability to diagnose a broad range of problems
- Ability to perform in both team and individual environments
- Ability to answer user questions through independent study and investigative programming
- Proven record of handling increasing responsibilities
- Advanced SQL programming experience
- Experience with QA testing methodology
- Specific knowledge of one or more database systems including Oracle, DB2, SPDS and/or Teradata
- Experience with Software development Life Cycle
How To Apply
Please send your resume and only qualified candidates will be contacted.